Maldivian Sihhath Initiative
The Maldivian Sihhath Initiative was established by our founder Dai Rees, and has been successfully running as a sub project to the DRF for 4 years. The concept of this initiative is to deliver bespoke first aid and emergency first response training to local island communities across the Maldives. In addition to this, The MSI team also source and donate serviceable emergency medical equipment to island health centers and hospitals across the region.
To date, the team have completed 7 projects spanning 3 Atolls and over 20 islands, with approximately 500 individuals from school-children to Doctors trained in a variety of pre-hospital skills. These include Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation, Basic Life Support, recognition of medical emergencies, and extrication and management of trauma patients from challenging environments.
This project owes much of its success to the support from resorts such as Soneva Fushi and Soneva Jani. These resorts, who share the same vision as MSI have facilitated travel and logistics on 5 of the projects, which demonstrates the ongoing commitment to improving the lives of local communities, that ultimately help their resort run.
Life Support Nepal
What's another popular item you have for sale or trade? Talk about it here in glowing, memorable terms so site visitors have to have it.
Comprehensive Emergency First Response Training
- Emergency First Aid At Work (EFAW)
- Emergency First Response
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Use of Automatic External Defibrillator (AED)
- Basic Airway Management
Water Rescue Awareness & Training
- Water Safety and Awareness
- Prevention of water related incidents
- Basic Water Rescue Techniques
- Use of Torpedo rescue aid
- Public Health
- Health Awareness
- General Health Clinics
- Donation of Emergency Medical Response Equipment
- Ambulance Response Bags
- Automatic External Defibrillator
- Extrication equipment
- Consumables, e.g. airway management, trauma dressings
- Emergency Preparedness
- Major Incident & Disaster Response
- Multi Casualty Triage
Specialst Pre-Hospital Emergecny Response Training
- Patient Assessment Skills
- Obstetrics and Maternity Emergencies
- Assessment & Management of Severe Infection and Sepsis in remote regions
- Difficult extrication of Trauma patients
The whole DRF team are committed to delivering high quality, up-to-date education to all. The ultimate goal is to build a legacy whereby remote communities can maintain their own skills and knowledge.
By extending our training to schools and health centers we ensure that awareness is built from grass roots and knowledge is retained through regular refresher training.
This is should be a prospective customer's number one call to action, e.g., requesting a quote or perusing your product catalog.